Sunday, October 11, 2009

CLEAR and SHARP

It was three years ago in our class when I met a teacher of mine. It was the first day of classes when she introduced herself to us and oriented us with her likes and dislikes inside the classroom.

As the days went by she would begin her class with a pleasant good morning, a faint smile in her face as she looked around the room. We, her students, were a little bit unruly before the entrance but the moment she pulled her chair out, sat down and check our attendance everyone kept quite and became attentive.

One time I failed to hand in my project on time. She listened to my explanation. She had a standard way of dealing with explanations for unfinished work. She was invariably polite and motherly in her ways. She would say, "Okay, try to hand in it next time, won;t you."

Another day, three of us were late from her class. She did'nt scold them but instead she told them not to be late anymore. From that time on no one of us was late from class. I valued her teachings every meeting. I learned a lot from the interesting learing experiences she shared us. No minute was left for us for monkey business inside the classroom. All of us were enjoying our activities everytime we met her inside our classroom.

In spite of the fact that memories of my first year in high school have, for the most blurred and difficult part her image remains with me, clear and sharp- my teacher, my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment